As per the affidavit filed by the UP FDCA, there are 77,923 retail and 46,709 wholesale medical shops in the state. In March 2019, UPFDCA made it mandatory to link Aadhaar number of pharmacist with drug sale licenses.
How many types of medical stores are there?
Standalone medical store: It is the most common form that is present in a residential area. Chain Pharmacy/ Franchise outlets: Medical stores present in the malls, and are part of a chain of pharmacies. Township medical stores: It is set-up in a township to cater to the needs of the people.
Which is the biggest pharmacy chain in India?
Apollo Pharmacy It is India’s first and largest branded pharmacy network, with over 3500 outlets in about 400 cities in key locations.
How many pharmacists are there in India?
ro Pharmacists represent the 3rd largest healthcare professional group in the world, and in India today there are around 8 lakh pharmacists, working in various positions, applying their unique knowledge and skills, contributing to the health of the nation.
How can I start a pharmacy chain in India?
The following are minimum requirements for obtaining drug license or starting a pharmacy in India:
- Area: The minimum area of 10 square meters is required to start a medical shop or pharmacy or wholesale outlet.
- Storage Facility: The store must have a refrigerator & air conditioner in the premises.
- Technical Staff:
Can MBBS doctor open medical store?
6.3 Running an open shop (Dispensing of Drugs and Appliances by Physicians): – A physician should not run an open shop for sale of medicine for dispensing prescriptions prescribed by doctors other than himself or for sale of medical or surgical appliances.
What is the best field in pharmacy?
Top 12 Careers in Pharmacy
- Community pharmacist. Do you love to work with people?
- Hospital pharmacist. Hospital pharmacists are medicine experts in the field of medicines.
- Primary care pharmacist.
- Researcher / academic.
- Pharmaceutical industry / clinical trials.
- Locum pharmacist.
- Government and NGO roles.
- Military pharmacist.
Is pharmacist a doctor?
Pharmacists are doctors. However, they are indeed doctors. As of the year 2004, a doctor of pharmacy degree (Pharm. D.) is required to sit for the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy exams. And passage of said exams is required to work as a pharmacist and dispense medications in the United States.
Who owns MedPlus India?
MedPlus was founded by Madhukar Gangadi.
Which medical franchise is best in India?
Here are the 9 Best Medical Franchises in India for 2021
- Dr. Batra’s. Founded in: 2012. Franchising since: 2012.
- MEDZONE. Founded in: 2000. Franchising since: 2015. Franchise units: 20 – 50.
- Indian Institute Of Medical Representative Pvt Ltd. Founded in: 2000. Franchising since: 2007. Franchise units: 25.
Can pharmacist use DRx?
There is no Official Specific Title or Prefix alloted or Approved Yet By Pharmacy Council of India to be used by Registered Pharmacists after then 57 percent pharmacist using Drx prefix of his/her facebook account. The DRx full form is DRug eXpert. share with pharmacist friends.