Douching is washing or cleaning out the inside of the vagina with water or other mixtures of fluids. Most douches are sold in stores as prepackaged mixes of water and vinegar, baking soda, or iodine. The mixtures usually come in a bottle or bag. You squirt the douche upward through a tube or nozzle into your vagina.
What are the risks of douching?
Douching has been associated with many adverse outcomes including pelvic inflammatory disease, bacterial vaginosis, cervical cancer, low birth weight, preterm birth, human immunodeficiency virus transmission, sexually transmitted diseases, ectopic pregnancy, recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis, and infertility.
What is an example of douching?
Vaginal douching is washing the vagina with water or a mixture of fluids to eliminate odors and “clean” the vagina. Most often, vinegar is mixed with the water, but some prepackaged douche products contain baking soda or iodine. A few also contain antiseptics and fragrances.
What can I use instead of douching?
Alternatives to douching The easiest way is by washing with water when bathing or showering. A non-fragranced wash can be used, or one designed for vaginal use that will not upset the natural pH balance of the vagina.
What happens if you put baking soda in your private parts?
Baking soda may also have a positive effect on vaginal pH. A 2014 study found that baking soda killed Candida cells that lead to yeast infections. Baking soda has also been found to have general antifungal affects.
What drugs can I use for smelly discharge?
Treatments and Medication Options for Vaginal Odor
- Clindamycin (Cleocin)
- Metronidazole (Flagyl)
- Tinidazole (Tindamax)
What should I eat to stop white discharge?
- Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) To Stop White Discharge.
- Probiotics To Stop White Discharge.
- Aloe vera To Stop White Discharge.
- Green Tea To Stop White Discharge.
- Banana To Stop White Discharge.
- Fenugreek Seeds To Stop White Discharge.
- Coriander Seeds To Stop White Discharge.
- Rice Water To Stop White Discharge.
What are the advantages of douching?
Besides making themselves feel fresher, women say they douche to get rid of unpleasant odors, wash away menstrual blood after their period, avoid getting sexually transmitted diseases, and prevent a pregnancy after intercourse.
Which soap is best for private parts?
1. Dove Sensitive Skin Bath Bars
- Aveeno. Fragrance-Free Bar Soap.
- Basis. Sensitive Skin Bar.
- Dial. Basics.
- Neutrogena. Liquid Cleanser.
Can you use baby wipes on your vag?
In short, yes! If it helps you feel more clean and fresh, that is certainly okay. There are also wipes made for women, sometimes referred to as feminine hygiene wipes but there’s nothing wrong with using baby wipes. If they are safe and gentle enough for a baby, they should be fine for a teenager or woman.
Which feminine wash is best?
Below, we’re sharing the best feminine washes to try now.
- Best Overall: The Honey Pot Company Normal Foaming Wash.
- Runner-Up, Best Overall: DeoDoc Daily Intimate Wash in Fragrance-Free.
- Best Natural: Rael Natural Foaming Feminine Wash.
- Best Drugstore: Vagisil Daily Intimate Wash.