In general, the certificate should include:
- The name and address of the doctor and the patient.
- The name and address of the party requiring the certificate (if required), such as an employer or school administrator.
- The specific period of time off work that is medically justifiable.
Which doctor can give medical certificate?
Yes, a medical practitioner can issue a medical certificate after a patient has taken sick leave, providing the certificate states: the date the certificate was issued. the period during which the practitioner believes the patient would have been unfit for work.
What are requirements for medical certificate?
What should be included in a medical certificate?
- Being in the form of an official, original & hard copy document.
- The name and address of the practitioner issuing the certificate clearly stated.
- Date the certificate is written and signed by the practitioner.
- Date the examination took place.
Can I get medical certificate online?
Clinic e-services allow customers to submit online requests regarding medical certificates or Occupational Health Cards (OHCs). They are given the appointment date immediately and can deposit the fee at the clinic. 5
How long is medical certificate valid?
The competent authority will have established national requirements for the medical examination and certificate. FS/PS Guidelines – Medical certificates are valid for a maximum period of two years for persons older than 18 years. For persons younger than 18 years the validity shall not exceed one year.
Does Chemist Warehouse issue medical certificates?
Yes, a doctor can issue you with a Medical Certificate if deemed suitable.