Medical Certificate Contents
- Name and address of the patient.
- Name and address of the doctor/ medical practitioner.
- The exact period of leave/time off that is medically justifiable.
- Nature/ degree of incapacitation/ injury/ illness.
- Date of medical diagnosis and the date of issue of the certificate.
What documents need for medical certificate?
What should be included in a medical certificate?
- Being in the form of an official, original & hard copy document.
- The name and address of the practitioner issuing the certificate clearly stated.
- Date the certificate is written and signed by the practitioner.
- Date the examination took place.
Can I get medical certificate online?
Clinic e-services allow customers to submit online requests regarding medical certificates or Occupational Health Cards (OHCs). They are given the appointment date immediately and can deposit the fee at the clinic. 5
Who can give medical certificate?
Yes, a medical practitioner can issue a medical certificate after a patient has taken sick leave, providing the certificate states:
- the date the certificate was issued.
- the period during which the practitioner believes the patient would have been unfit for work.
How long is a medical certificate valid?
The competent authority will have established national requirements for the medical examination and certificate. FS/PS Guidelines – Medical certificates are valid for a maximum period of two years for persons older than 18 years. For persons younger than 18 years the validity shall not exceed one year.
What are the steps to get a medical certificate?
Issuance of Medical Certificate for On-the-Job Training
- Present requirements to the Campus Nurse.
- Fill out medical examination form.
- Submit the filled out form.
- Undergo medical assessment.
- Present the updated medical records form to the nurse.
- Sign on the clinic’s log book and receive the medical certificate.
How do I get a medical certificate?
A medical certificate is usually available from your doctor. If you recently had an illness, it would be easier to request for one. On the other hand, the operating room staff can also provide you with a certificate if you recently underwent surgery.
Is a doctor’s note a medical certificate?
A medical certificate or doctor’s certificate is a written statement from a physician or another medically qualified health care provider which attests to the result of a medical examination of a patient. It can serve as a sick note (documentation that an employee is unfit for work) or evidence of a health condition.
Does Chemist Warehouse issue medical certificates?
Yes, a doctor can issue you with a Medical Certificate if deemed suitable.
Can a medical certificate be rejected?
It may be lawful (and in fact appropriate) to reject a medical certificate if it provides insufficient information to enable the employer to provide a safe work environment for an employee, particularly after a long and largely unexplained absence from work.